If you are in a relationship with a New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident, you may qualify for residence under the partnership category. Both marriage and de-facto relationships are recognized. Same-sex relationships are also recognized.
New Zealand Partner Visa Eligibility Requirements:
General Requirements for New Zealand Partner Visa:
• To be issued with a residence visa under New Zealand partner visa category, Immigration should be satisfied that you have been living together for 12 months or more in a partnership that is genuine and stable.
• The onus is on you to establish that your relationship is both genuine and stable. You should expect Immigration to carry out thorough verification.
• There is also the requirement that you are physically living together unless there are compelling reasons for living separately.
• Residence will not be granted unless you have been living together for at least 12 months.
• You must meet both health and character requirements. There is no upper age limit.
• There is also no English language requirement. The application must be sponsored by your New Zealand citizen or resident partner.
• To be eligible as a sponsor, your partner must not have sponsored anyone for residence under the partnership category for the last five years and has not supported more than one partnership residence application.