The immigration program Express Entry Canadais meant for people who wish to come live and work in Canada (but outside of the province of Quebec). This program works according to selections grids that are designed by the Canadian Government.
Main Selection Criteria:
• Level of education
• Education in Canada
• Knowledge of English and/or French
• Overseas Work experience
• Canadian Work Experience if any
• Spouse qualification & English (If Applicable)
This program works following way:
• You must first qualify in one of the main immigration categories such as the Federal Skilled Worker or the Canadian Experience Class
• You must have in hand an English or French language proficiency test result
• You must have your Education Credentials Assessment (ECA) completed and report in hand
• You make Express Entry Profile on CIC site and submit it to CIC.
• After submitting your profile to CIC, you get registered with Job Bank, Canada so that Canadian employers could have a look in your profile if interested. Employers will be able to search your profile via the Job Bank, and if they offer you work through Job Matching, and get an LMIA for you, you will receive an Invitation to Apply
• Once the Express Entry application is successfully submitted, CIC will select candidates using the Comprehensive Ranking System, and if chosen you will receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA)
• Selected candidates in ITSA process will have only 60 days to apply for Permanent Residence after receiving an ITA.
Processing fees for the Government of Canada
There is no government processing fee for the first step (adding your express entry profile to the pool). The Government only requires fees for the second step (visa application lodgment).