Petroleum Engineer plans and directs the engineering aspects of locating and extracting petroleum and natural gas from the earth. A competency demonstration report (CDR) requires migrant engineers applying to Engineers Australia to write three career episode reports (CERs). CDR Reports Samples for Petroleum Engineers can give an applicant a brief idea related to CDR writing for Engineers Australia skill assessment.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances, relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- • Plans and conducts research and provides advice on engineering operations for the exploration, location and extraction of petroleum or natural gas
- • Determines locations for drilling
- • Decides on types of derrick and equipment, including seabed platforms
- • Devises methods of controlling the flow of oil or gas from wells
- • Compiles logs recording production from flowing wells
- • Prepares plans of engineering operations and cost estimates
- • Provides necessary safety procedures and facilities
- • Consults with geologists, geophysicists and other engineers on the location, design and development of extractive processes
- • Plans and implements protection and restoration of the environment
Petroleum Engineer & Immigration to Australia
If you are a Petroleum Engineer, before you apply for Australian skilled migration as a Petroleum Engineer, you must have had your skills assessed as suitable for your occupation by an assessing authority for your nominated occupation
Engineers Australia is the designated authority to assess professional and Para-professional qualifications in engineering for the purposes of skilled migration to Australia for most engineering occupations.
Occupational Categories in Engineering
Engineers Australia recognises three occupational categories within the engineering team in Australia:
- • Professional Engineer
- • Engineering Technologist
- • Engineering Associate
For migration purposes, an additional category of Engineering Manager is also recognised.
Pathways to Recognition
There are two pathways to recognition of your qualifications:
a) Through recognised (accredited) Engineering Qualifications. If you have done your engineering from UK, USA, Canada etc. you are covered under this pathway.
b) Through a Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) for non-recognised qualifications. If you have done your engineering from India, Pakistan etc., you are covered under this pathway.
English Language Requirements
All applicants applying to have their skills assessed by Engineers Australia are required to provide evidence of their English language competency. Applicants are required to have achieved a minimum score of 6.0 in each of the four modules of speaking, listening, reading and writing in either the ‘General Training’ or ‘Academic’ version of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
The following applicants may be exempt from the requirement to provide an IELTS assessment result:
- • Applicants who are native English speakers;
- • Applicants who have completed an Australian undergraduate engineering qualification;
- • Applicants who have completed a Masters Degree or PhD program at an Australian university
The Assessment Process
You would submit your application with all relevant documents plus assessment fee. When your application arrives, a receipt will be posted to you within 5 to 7 working days. Assessment may take up to 16 weeks from the date of receipt.
Once you have received your positive skill assessment, you can apply for your visa. Once your visa application is approved, you can move with your family to Australia.
If you need assistance related to CDR, Contact Us