Electronics Engineers are in huge demand in Australia. Electronics Engineer designs, develops, adapts, installs, tests and maintains electronic components, circuits and systems used for computer systems, communication systems and other industrial applications. A competency demonstration report (CDR) requires migrant engineers applying to Engineers Australia to write three career episode reports (CERs). CDR Reports Samples for Electronics Engineers can give an applicant a brief idea related to CDR writing for Engineers Australia skill assessment.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances, relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Designs electronic components, circuits and systems used for computer, communication and control systems, and other industrial applications.
- Designs software, especially embedded software, to be used within such systems
- Develops apparatus and procedures to test electronic components, circuits and systems
- Supervises installation and commissioning of computer, communications and control systems, and ensures proper control and protection methods
- Establishes and monitors performance and safety standards and procedures for operation, modification, maintenance and repair of such systems
- Designs communications bearers based on wired, optical fibre and wireless communications media
- Analyses communications traffic and level of service, and determines the type of installation, location, layout and transmission medium for communications systems
- Designs and develops signal processing algorithms and implements these through appropriate choice of hardware and software
Electronics Engineer & Immigration to Australia
If you are an Electronics Engineer, before you apply for Australian skilled migration as an Electronics Engineer, you must have had your skills assessed as suitable for your occupation by an assessing authority for your nominated occupation
Engineers Australia is the designated authority to assess professional and Para-professional qualifications in engineering for the purposes of skilled migration to Australia for most engineering occupations.
Occupational Categories in Engineering
Engineers Australia recognises three occupational categories within the engineering team in Australia:
- Professional Engineer
- Engineering Technologist
- Engineering Associate
For migration purposes, an additional category of Engineering Manager is also recognised.
Pathways to Recognition
There are two pathways to recognition of your qualifications:
a) Through recognised (accredited) Engineering Qualifications. If you have done your engineering from UK, USA, Canada etc. you are covered under this pathway.
b) Through a Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) for non-recognised qualifications. If you have done your engineering from India, Pakistan etc., you are covered under this pathway.
English Language Requirements
All applicants applying to have their skills assessed by Engineers Australia are required to provide evidence of their English language competency. Applicants are required to have achieved a minimum score of 6.0 in each of the four modules of speaking, listening, reading and writing in either the ‘General Training’ or ‘Academic’ version of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
The following applicants may be exempt from the requirement to provide an IELTS assessment result:
- Applicants who are native English speakers;
- Applicants who have completed an Australian undergraduate engineering qualification;
- Applicants who have completed a Masters Degree or PhD program at an Australian university
The Assessment Process
You would submit your application with all relevant documents plus assessment fee. When your application arrives, a receipt will be posted to you within 5 to 7 working days. Assessment may take up to 16 weeks from the date of receipt.
Once you have received your positive skill assessment, you can apply for your visa. Once your visa application is approved, you can move with your family to Australia.
If you need assistance related to CDR, Contact Us