Canada Tourist Visitor Visa
The Canada Tourist Visitor Visa, which is also called a Temporary Resident Visa allows you to travel to Canada for various reasons like sightseeing, visiting family and friends, and more. As a tourist, you can explore the country travelling in its vibrant cities and enjoying shopping, festivals, food, and so on. Other than leisure, the Canada Tourist Visitor Visa also helps you visit your family and friends or conduct business. This visa restricts your length of stay in Canada; however, you can extend the stay in case your temporary resident status is legitimate.
What is a Canada Tourist Visitor Visa?
A Canada Tourist Visitor Visa is an official document marked in your passport and is essential to travel to Canada. It shows that you meet the requirements to visit Canada as a temporary resident. The Canada Tourist Visitor Visa is of two types:
- Single Entry: A Single Entry visa enables you to travel only once to Canada.
- Multiple Entry: A Multiple Entry visa, on the other hand, allows you to visit Canada for six months at a time and several times you want to until its validity, which is up to 10 years or a month before the expiry of your passport, whichever is earlier. However, this requires you to be in Canada on or before the last date on the visa.
Essential Requirements for a Canada Tourist Visitor Visa
To acquire a Canada Tourist Visitor Visa, you need to meet the following criteria. You must:
- Possess a valid passport.
- Be of a good character, where you are not convicted for criminal or immigration-related activities.
- Possess good health.
- Have enough money to take care of your living expenses in Canada. The amount of money required, however, depends on the length of your stay, as well as the place of your stays like a hotel or family’s or friends’ place.
- Have a genuine intention to return to your country for the ties like family, home, occupation and financial assets you have back at home. Here you have to convince the immigration officer that you will go back at the end of the visit.
- Not seek any employment during your stay in Canada.
- Undergo health checks.
- Follow the conditions given on the visa.
- Not be involved in any human rights violations or organized crime.
- Not pose risk to the security of the country
- Furnish any extra documents asked for to determine your admissibility.
What is Super Visa?
A super visa is one where a parent or grandparent of a permanent resident or citizen in Canada can apply to travel and stay in Canada for a period of up to two years initially. Being a multi-entry visa, it allows multiple entries, with a stay up to two years at a time.
How to Apply for a Canada Tourist Visitor Visa?
There are two ways to apply for a Canada Tourist Visitor Visa and they are:
- Apply online, which requires you to upload scanned documents, and a valid credit card to make payment.
- Apply on paper.
Canada Tourist Visitor Visa Application Process
The following steps help you to apply for a Canada Tourist Visitor Visa.
- Fill in your Application Form: The Canada Tourist Visitor visa application form can be downloaded online as a package, which includes the forms to fill out and an instruction guide. You must fill out all the mandatory fields with complete information; otherwise, the application will be rejected.
- Gather Required Supporting Documents: The application form must have all the supporting documents, irrespective of being inside or outside Canada. The documents to enclose or attach are:
- A valid passport, with a blank page, in addition to the last page available.
- Two photographs, where you need to write your name and date of birth.
- A copy of the document showing your legal status in Canada, This is when you apply from inside Canada.
- A copy of the marriage certificate or license, in case it is required.
- The proof of your study if you are studying in Canada.
- A letter from an employer showing your current occupation in Canada.
- A copy of your valid return ticket.
- Evidence showing your financial position.
- Medical examination reports.
- The proof of fee payment in an acceptable format.
In the case of minors, who are under 18 years of age and travelling alone or with anyone other than their parents or legal guardians, they must submit a letter of authorization in English or French. The letter must have the name of the responsible adult, who will take care of the minors and the signature of the parents or guardians.
Where the documents are not in English or French, you have to send:
- the translation copies of the same.
- an affidavit from the translator.
- a certified copy of the original documents.
- Lodge Your Application: The next step is to submit your application with the Visa Application Center (VAC). In case you are asked to give biometric information, you can give it at the biometric collection point at the VAC.
- Processing of Application: The processing starts with the checking of the application form for completion and payment of the fee. If the application is incomplete, it will be sent back, without keeping any record of it.
- Review for Decision: The immigration officer will undertake a detailed review of your application and the supporting documents. He or She will determine whether an interview is required and if so, you will be given the location, date and time of the interview.
- Entry into Canada: Though the Canada Visitor Visa allows you to travel to Canada, it does not guarantee your entry into the country. It is up to the officer at the port to decide whether you still satisfy the eligibility requirements for admission. Where you are permitted to enter Canada, the officer at the port will decide how long you can stay in the country. The Canada Tourist Visitor Visa is generally issued for 6 months.
Processing Time for Canada Tourist Visitor Visa
For the Canada Tourist Visitor Visa applied from outside Canada, the processing time is about 18 days, whereas for the one applied from inside Canada it is 9 days and 20 days for online and paper submissions respectively.
Cost of Canada Tourist Visitor Visa
The following information gives you a clear idea of the cost of the Canada Tourist Visitor Visa:
- Visitor visa (including super visa) for a single or multiple entries: CAN $ 100 per person.
- Visitor visa – family (5 members or more) whether single or multiple entries: CAN $ 500.
- Extend your stay in Canada as a visitor: CAN $ 100 per person.
- Restore your status as a visitor: CAN $ 200.
You need to undergo a medical exam if you plan to visit Canada for more than 6 months. The checks must be performed by a doctor on the panel physicians list. The fee paid depends on the medical exam performed. As for the police certificates, there is a fee and it may vary from country to country.
Our Professional Services Fee
It depends on the type of visa and the work involved from our end.
Canada Tourist Visitor Visa – Frequently Asked Questions
As a visitor how long can I stay in Canada?
Though the Canada Visitor Visa allows you to stay for six months from the time of arrival, much depends on the border services officer at the port; he/she will determine your length of stay in Canada. Where the officer indicates a stay less than six months in your passport, then you must leave Canada on the date specified.
In case you want to stay longer than the time granted, you have to apply for the extension at least 30 days before the date you are authorized to stay in Canada.
Which type of visitor visa should I apply – a single entry or multiple entries?
You do not have to choose for the applicants of a visitor visa are automatically considered for a multiple entry visa. You are issued a single entry or a multiple entry visa based on the review of your application and situation.
You are generally considered for a single entry visa if:
- The purpose of the visit is limited like an official visit.
- You are eligible for an exemption of visa fee.
- Your visit is for a special purpose and one-time.
How do I restore my status as a visitor as my visa has expired?
There are cases where you are within the 90 days after the expiry of visa or your status. You can restore the status by applying for it. For this, you have to:
- Fill in an application form to extend your stay as a visitor or change conditions.
- Choose the option “Restoration of temporary resident status as a visitor” in the form.
- Explain your situation by giving reasons for staying longer than the time allowed.
- Pay the fees.
- Apply online or send it to the “Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.
Nevertheless, you need to note that the application may or may not be approved.
Contact Immigration Help – For Canada Tourist Visitor Visa Assistance
If you are looking for assistance related to your Canada Tourist Visitor Visa application, Call us on our WhatsApp No. +61433303774 or drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org