Canada Express Entry
Immigration to Canada under Canada Express Entry System
As Canada’s skills gap continues to widen, with an insufficient number of workers for the jobs available and inadequate temporary entry policies, Canada Express Entry was established to help try to change that. Skilled workers, also known as independent immigrants, are selected as permanent residents based on their education, work experience, knowledge of English and/or French, their age, and other criteria that have been shown to help them become economically established in Canada.
Starting January 1, 2015, Immigration Canada has implemented a new immigration management system called ‘Canada Express Entry.’Canada Express Entry is designed to speed up the processing times of applications from economic immigrants. This is not a new category of immigration. Canada Express Entry is a completely electronic process involving the federal government, provincial governments, and Canadian employers. It is a new way of managing applications for the following existing Canada economic immigration programs
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
- A portion of the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
Canada Express entry is intended to select the best and brightest applicants for settlement in Canada and to ensure new immigrants will be able to hit the ground running either with an approved job offer or with a strong likelihood that suitable employment that matches an applicant’s qualifications will quickly be available
There are many important advantages to the new Canada Express Entry System:
- There are no quotas on the number of people who can apply
- No job offer is required
- There is no occupations list – all skilled occupations are eligible, including all Information Technology and Software Development occupations
- Processing times for successful candidates take less than six months.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR EXPRESS ENTRY?
To apply for Canada Express Entry, you will need to qualify for one of the above Canadian immigration programs. This means you must have:
- at least one year of full-time Canadian work experience (or equivalent part time experience), or
- at least one year of full-time work experience (or equivalent part time experience abroad in an occupation that Canada deems “skilled” (see below), or
- at least two years of full-time work experience (or equivalent part time experience) abroad in a trade.
If you want to confirm your points or eligibility under Canada Express Entry System, click on the “Apply for Canada Express Entry” button below:
Canada Express Entry Eligibility Requirements
The major express entry eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Having in hand a valid language test result
- If you were educated outside of Canada, you need to have your education assessed against Canadian standards.
- Need to score minimum 67 points on their profile factors (age, language, experience, education,) to become eligible to apply via Canada Express Entry System
How Canada Express Entry Works?
Potential candidates create an online Express Entry profile and tell CIC Canada about his / her skills, work experience, language ability, education and other details.
If you meet the criteria of one of the federal economic immigration programs subject to Express Entry, you will be placed in a pool of pre-screened candidates.
Express Entry Pool
The candidates submitting their EOI (Expression of Interest) in Canada Express Entry System are given a place in the Express Entry pool using a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) that includes factors known to contribute to economic success (such as language, education, and work experience). To calculate your CRS Score, you may refer to the Canada Express Entry Points Calculator. There will be regular draws of candidates from the Express Entry pool, inviting them to apply for Canada permanent residence visa.
Canada Express Entry Draw
The IRCC launches a draw every fortnight to shortlist the best candidates for theissuance of aninvitation to apply for Canada PR visa application. For every express entry draw, qualifying marks (CRS Score) are decided. All those candidates who meet or exceed the qualifying marks receive ITA to apply Canada PR Visa application.
Candidates with the highest scores, including those who have a valid job offer or a provincial/territorial nomination, will be invited to apply.
Your Express Entry profile will be valid for 12 months. During that time, you will need to update your profile if circumstances change, such as your level of education or language test results.
Important: Filling out an online Express Entry profile is not a guarantee that you will qualify for permanent residence. If you are invited to apply for permanent residence, information provided in your Express Entry profile will be verified at that time.
Selected candidates are invited to submit an electronic application for Canada permanent residence
You will receive an Invitation to Apply for Canada permanent residence if you:
- have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada (subject to the Labour Market Impact Assessment process in place at that time);
- have been nominated by a province or territory; or
- are among the top ranked in the pool based on your skills and experience.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada will process the majority of complete permanent residence applications received within six months or less.At present, applicants are receiving theimmigrant visa within about four months of filing their applications. Successful applicants become permanent residents of Canada
Candidates in the Express Entry pool who do not receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence in Canada after 12 months may resubmit their profile and re-enter the pool if they still meet the criteria of at least one of the economic immigration programs
How to improve your ranking in Express Entry Pool?
To improve your chances of ranking highly in your pool, you should consider doing at least some of the following:
- Secure a valid job offerfrom a Canadian employer using Job Bank or private sector job boards.
- Get in touch with Provinces and Territories to qualify for a Provincial Nominee Program nomination.
- Try to improve yourlanguage skills through courses or online sites to improve your language test scores.
- Improve and update your educationby taking additional courses in areas relevant to needed skills in the Canadian job market.
- Improve your work experienceby taking on jobs and careers that add to your skills.
- Never give false informationto dress-up your profile. If caught, you could be banned from reapplying for five
Canada EXPRESS ENTRY COSTS AND PROCESSING TIME
It costs CAD$550 to submit your application.
If you are approved, you will then have to pay CAD$490 for your Right of Permanent Residence.
Under the new system, processing times are supposed to be significantly better than in the past. Citizenship and Immigration Canada endeavors to process 80% of applications within six months of submission, regardless of whether or not you have Canadian experience, and regardless of whether or not a province nominates you.
However, please note that this is only the stated goal and we do not yet know what the processing times will be.
Benefits of Canada Permanent Residency (PR)
- To live, work and study in Canada on a permanent basis.
- Canada remains the biggest immigration delivery hub in the world
- Eligibility for citizenship within four years of arrival and permanent resident status
- Highly-subsidized health and social security benefits
- Vast job opportunities for skilled workers
- Good working conditions and salary benefits
- Canadian passport holders enjoy visa-free travel to major countries
- Free choicefor religion, race, culture, language,
- Excellent opportunities for growth and wealth accumulation
- Dual citizenship allowed
- Safe and secure living environment
- Excellent education and government educational grants
- Opportunity to sponsor family members to join them in Canada.
Canada Express Entry 2017
Canada will welcome between 280,000 and 320,000 (target 300,000) new permanent residents in 2017. 73,700 immigrants are expected to be processed through the programs that primarily use Express Entry. This contrasts to 58,400 for 2016.
Now, remember, 73,700 (less only the 2,000 who will come through the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program) includes not only the principal applicant but also their spouses and dependent children. If every principal applicant had three dependents, then less than 30,000 Invitations to apply would be issued in 2017. However, it is likely that the numbers will be much higher than that, since in 2015, 31,063 ITAs were issued.
How can Immigration Helphelp you to apply for Canada PR Visa via Express Entry System?
- We will evaluate whether you meet the minimum requirements for Express Entry.
- If you are eligible, we will prepare and submit your Express Entry profile, including getting your qualification evaluation
- We will help you to take steps to achieve the maximum possible number of points in the CRS system and to update your profile if your point total can be increased.
- We will help you collect police clearances and other necessary documents, so you will be prepared to finalize your application in the 90 days allowed once you receive your Invitation to Apply.
- If and when you are issued an Invitation to Apply, we will prepare and submit the actual application.
- If you have a job offer from a Canadian employer, we will work with the employer to ensure the job meets the requirements for extra points. If you qualify for one of the provincial nominee programs, we can help you apply for a nomination.
Why should you retain IMMIGRATION HELP for your Canadian Immigration case?
- Licensed / Registered Immigration Consultants for Canada, Australia & NZ.
- Almost 100 % Visa Success Rate
- Transparent Customer Service
- Reasonable Fee
- Multilingual: English, Hindi, Punjabi & Urdu
To get your application underway or for more information, SEND US AN EMAIL with the following information:
- A complete and up to date C.V. including your education and work experience. Please provide accurate dates for your work experience, and indicate if any of the work experience was unpaid or part time.
- Your date of birth.
- Whether you have a job offer in Canada
- Whether you have a spouse or children that will be coming to Canada with you. If your spouse has a work history or university education, please include your spouse’s CV as well. If you have children, please tell us their ages.
- Your language test results if you have taken one of the official language tests.
For more information visit us at www.myimmigrationhelp.com
Call us right away at-
04 333 037 74 – Australia (Monday to Friday)
011 4160 7886 to 89 (Monday Off) India
You may also fill the free assessment formto receive the call back from one of our immigration consultant.