Among the leading destinations in the world for immigration, Australia Immigration figures on the top as the most favourable destination for the prospective immigrants. The country is recognized for its multicultural and multiracial setup, and it is quite vibrant in the cultural practices, lifestyle, and food of the place. A great place to live, the country offers excellent employment opportunities for the immigrants, high-quality of life, great health care, good protection of civil liberties and world-class public education.
For those who wish to live, work, or study in Australia, they can find innumerable opportunities for Australia immigration through the Skilled Migration Visa, Sponsored Visa, Student Visa, Holiday Visa, Permanent Resident Visa, Business Visa, and so on. Inviting people who could help contribute to the economic growth of the country Australia offers great benefits to you through its well-organised points-based immigration system, high job opportunities for skilled workers and business people, splendid cities, attractive pay, and more.
For Australia immigration, you can find numerous pathways, as well as visas.
- Working and Skilled Visas
- Studying and Training Visas
- Visitor Visas
- Family and Spousal Visas
- Other Visas
- Repealed Visas
- Humanitarian and Refugee Visas
It is believed that Australians enjoy a high-quality life with enough employment opportunity, good economy and excellent infrastructure. There are numerous benefits for those who look for Australia immigration. Get to know the most significant ones given below:
7 Top Benefits of Australian Immigration
Australia is one among the few countries that have assured a steady growth of employment opportunities and economy. Australia immigration offers the following benefits:
- Better Standard of Living: You can enjoy a high standard of living in Australia for its favourable economy, which is best seen in the lifestyle of the people. With the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and the Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) being the highest in the world, Australia figures one among the richest countries. Other than the employment opportunity, the country also offers the best educational facilities and health services to the immigrants.
- Employment Opportunities: When Australia experiences a low-employment rate, its labour market, on the other hand, undergoes skill shortage. With the local economy doing well, there are enough job opportunities for foreigners. Companies and other industrial organisations are focused on expansion and growth, which increases the workforce.
- Easy Australia Immigration Rules: Australia has easy immigration rules, with the points-based system for permanent or temporary residents. You can have the skills assessment valid throughout the country and the recent changes in visa processing times have speeded the procedure.
- Become a Permanent Resident: Australia immigration allows you to become a permanent resident after you have lived and worked in the country. You can apply for any of the permanent visas available based on your eligibility.
- Better FamilyLife: With an ideal environment for work, education, and health care, Australia offers not only a better life for an indefinite time for you but also the same to your family. Other than this, you can also sponsor your parents through the temporary sponsored parent visa.
- Prospects for Business Investors: Through business Innovation and Investment Programme, Australia encourages successful business people to make a significant contribution to its economy through Australia immigration. You can migrate to Australia applying for any of the business visas and enjoy the high quality of life, support, and healthcare.
- High-Standard of Education: Australia takes pride in having the best education system in the world. Australian universities are known for their innovation and excellence in various disciplines. They provide quality education by offering courses registered under CRICOS (Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students) and rewarding student experience.
Get to Know the Different Australian Visa Categories
When it comes to Australia immigration, you need to apply for the visa, and there are innumerable of them listed in different categories. The following list will help get to know a few of them.
- Skilled Independent (Subclass 189) Visa
- Skilled Nominated (Subclass 190) Visa
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) (Subclass 489) Visa
- Skilled Regional (Subclass 887) Visa
- Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485) Visa
- Skilled Recognized Graduate (Subclass 476) Visa
- Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) (Subclass 888) Visa
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186)
- Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 188)
- Training and Research Visa (Subclass 402)
- Student Visa (Subclass 500)
Eligibility Requirements for Australia Immigration
Australia is recognised for its well-structured immigration system, with all noncitizens to possess a valid visa to migrate and remain in the country. With its permanent migration program classified into the Migration Program and the Humanitarian Program, you can find various visa subclasses based on the streams and categories. As such, you can find the visas granted under the skilled stream, special eligibility stream and family stream.
When it comes to Australia immigration, skilled migration is the most common one. You can find the “hybrid” selection system, with the points-based and employer-sponsored as the two important systems. The visas under the skilled stream are categorised into the points-based skilled program, business innovation and investment program, permanent-employer sponsored program and people with distinguished talent program.
The eligibility requirements in general for the common visa categories for Australia immigration are given below:
- You must be under 45 years of age if you are applying for the skilled or sponsored work visas.
- Prove your English language ability by obtaining required scores in IELTS, TOEFL, PTE Academic, OET, and CAE.
- You must have skilled employment for the required years within or outside Australia and undergo the Skills Assessment test from a relevant assessing authority.
- You get the nomination from the state or territory government and apply for the skilled nominated visa, or find sponsorship by a qualified family member,i.e., only for relevant visas.
- Nominate employment from the Skilled Occupation List (MLTSSL) or the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (STSOL) and apply for the visa based on it.
- Lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) online.
- Score at least 65 points on the skilled points test on the key aspects such as age, nominated occupation, work experience, education, English language skills, and so on.
- Provide evidence for good health and character. In this case, the reports of health examinations by the relevant authority and the police certificate for the character are necessary.
Steps to Follow for Australia Immigration – Skilled Stream
You have to follow these steps for successful Australia Immigration:
- Check whether you can score a minimum 65 points since you will not be invited to apply for the Australian PR if you do not have the minimum points.
- Get all your documents ready for Australia immigration– the documents to establish all your claims such as skills assessment, age, qualifications, English language, skilled employment, etc., health and character documents.
- Prepare your documents: You have to scan all the required documents in colour, and they must be legible. They need not be certified but kept ready to attach to the Australia immigration visa application.
- Check your occupation in the eligible skilled occupation list and determine the visa program.
- Have the skills assessment: To work in nominated employment, you need to get your skills and qualifications assessed by the relevant skill assessing authority in Australia.
- Check whether you are eligible for the visa though you might have received the invitation to apply.
- Once you find yourself eligible, proceed to submit your Expression of Interest (EOI).
- Make any changes to the EOI if you need to, but it should be before receiving the ITA.
- Receive an ITA for the visa, and it may be anytime in two years. Generally, you receive an email asking for it from the SkillSelect. When you are invited to apply, you have to do it within the 60 calendar days.
Processing Time for Australian Immigration Visas
The visa application processing times for Australia immigration vary; however, you can find them for most of the visa subclasses. There are two dates, and they indicate how long it will take to process and finalise 75 per cent and 90 per cent of applications submitted. Nevertheless, the processing times change, and they largely depend on the volume of the applications received.
Points System for Skilled Australia Immigration
Australia uses the points system to allow international people to apply for a majority of Australia immigration visas. This helps the country to choose the right applicant, with the necessary skills and attributes it looks for. Under the points-test, the number of points you need to pass depends largely on the type of the visa you apply for. The points are awarded for the number of reasons on the factors like skills, age, English language skills, occupation, education, Australian work experience, community language skills and accompanying partner skills.
Under the family migration, you can sponsor your family to stay with you in Australia. You can find various categories of family visa; however, the most prominent ones for Australia immigration are:
Partner category visas
If you are the spouse, fiancé, or de facto partner of an Australian permanent citizen, Australian citizen or eligible New Zealand citizen, then you may be qualified for a partner category visa. There are a few options in this Australia immigration visa category that you can either live as a temporary or permanent resident in Australia. The options are:
- You are a spouse or de facto partner of an Australian permanent citizen, Australian citizen or eligible New Zealand citizen and applying for a visa in Australia.
- You are a spouse or de facto partner of an Australian permanent citizen, Australian citizen or eligible New Zealand citizen and applying for a visa outside Australia. Nevertheless, you plan to marry before a decision on your partner visa application is made.
- You have met your prospective spouse and plan to marry him/her after you are granted the visa, which you apply outside Australia
Steps to Follow for Australia Immigration – Partner category visas
The following steps will help you for successful Australia Immigration under the family migration.
- Get ready all the documents regarding your relationship with your partner, showing other relationships and health and character documents.
- You must apply in Australia online and have a valid passport.
- In case of sponsorship, you have to submit your sponsorship form online once the visa application is lodged by the partner and Transaction Reference Number (TRN) or application ID is given to you.
- Furnish the identity and character documents of each dependent under 18, who applies for the visa with you.
- Wait until you are granted the temporary visa.
- Meanwhile, provide the police certificates, biometrics and have health checks.
- Provide documents not included through ImmiAccount or email.
- Avail a temporary partner visa or Bridging A visa if your current visa expires.
- Let know if you want to travel outside Australia and return in case your current visa allows you.
- When the temporary visa is granted, stay on it and do not get another visa for you will not get the permanent visa if the new visa replaces the temporary visa.
- As for New Zealand passport holders, you must let know that you hold a temporary visa at the border to the immigration officer.
- In the case of a discontinued relationship, you need to contact the Australia immigration department in writing for the permanent visa.
- Submit additional documents in evidence of your genuine and continuing relationship with your partner (for options 1 and 2 only). They can be sent one month before the submission date. In option 3, you need to send additional documents if you have not sent them for more information.
Parent category visas
The following requirements determine your eligibility to apply for the parent category visa,and they are:
- If you have a child and he/she is an Australian permanent citizen, Australian citizen or eligible New Zealand citizen and have been in Australia lawfully for minimum two years at the time you submit the visa application.
- There is a sponsor for you.
- Satisfy the Balance of Family criteria.
- Meet health and character requirements.
Steps to Follow for Australia Immigration – Parent category visas
Due to the high demand for the permanent family visas (like subclass 103, subclass 143, etc.), the applications are processed and granted only to a set number of eligible applicants. Here are the steps to help you bring your family under Australia Immigration.
- You must have a valid passport to apply for the parent category visas.
- Gather all the documents like the identity documents, balance-of-family documents, and other additional documents.
- Prepare the documents by translating them into English if they are not in English. An accredited translator in Australia or outside Australia must help you with translation. Complete the visa application form and maintain a copy of it.
- Apply for the visa, providing all the documents and paying the fee.
- Once you have applied, you are not eligible for any temporary visa and cannot travel to Australia (subclass 103). Where you apply for the subclass 143 visa, you can do so living in or outside Australia.
- Undergo health examination when asked to and provide biometrics and character documents. You must also provide an assurance of support when required to and pay the second instalment of the fee.
- Get ready for an interview if you are asked to
- In case you need to add family members in your application, you can do so before any decision is made on your visa application.
Visa options for Children
For a child visa, he/she must be single, under 18 years of age, not having any permanent visa and intending to live in Australia for an indefinite time. There are various visa options, and they allow the child to be a temporary or permanent resident in Australia. An adoption visa allows the child to live in Australia if he/she is single and under 18 years of age. Some of the visa options under this category are:
- Child (Permanent) (Subclass 802) Visa
- Orphan Relative (Permanent) (Subclass 837) Visa
When the visas mentioned above are for a child applying for the visa inside Australia, the following are for the child applying for the visa being outside Australia
- Child (Permanent) (Subclass 101) Visa
- Orphan Relative (Permanent) (Subclass 117) Visa
- Adoption Visa (Permanent) (Subclass 102)
For the child is inside or outside Australia, he/she can apply for:
- Dependent Child Visa (Subclass 445)
Steps to Follow for Australia Immigration – Child category visas
The following steps help you bring your child under Australia Immigration.
- In case of adoption, seek advice for adoption from the state or territory adoption authority when living in Australia.
- Gather and get ready all the documents like the certified copy of the birth registration, passport, family book displaying the parents’ names, government-issued identification document, or document from the court supporting the child’s identity. In case of the name change, adoption by the parent who was not an Australian citizen or eligible New Zealand citizen earlier, or the stepchild of the sponsor, relevant documents proving the above should be submitted.
- Prepare the documents with appropriate translations.
- Apply for the visa, providing all the documents and paying the fee.
- Once you have applied for the visa, you need to wait for the decision until your application meets the criteria and is processed. However, the child cannot travel to Australia during this time until the visa is granted.
- If the visa is granted, you are informed the visa grant number, conditions if any attached to it and when you can use the visa. In case of refusal, you can find the reason, review rights, and time limit to file an appeal.
- Furnish more information, if necessary.
There are two types of the Permanent Employer Sponsored Program, and they are:
- Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS)
Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) Visa
Meant for skilled workers, the Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) visa is a permanent visa that permits you to work in Australia under any one of the streams given below:
- The Temporary Residence Transition stream
- The Direct Entry stream
- The Agreement stream
Steps to Follow for Australia Immigration – Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)
The steps are given below help you with Australia immigration under the Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186).
- You need to ensure whether you meet the essential requirements of the subclass 186 visa to work in Australia. Here you have to be qualified in one of the three streams too given below.
- The Temporary Residence Transition stream, where you hold a subclass 457 visa and have worked for a minimum two years of the three years with the nominating employer in the same employment. The employer, under no labour agreement, must have filed a valid nomination under this stream, to offer a permanent position in the same employment.
- The Direct Entry stream, where you are offered nomination by the employer, irrespective of whether you have never or for a short time worked in Australia. You do not qualify for the Temporary Residence Transition stream, being a temporary resident.
- The Agreement stream, where the employer sponsors you through a ‘negotiated formal labour agreement.’
- Get your documents ready about age, skills and qualifications, English language skills, health and character requirements, and so on.
- Apply for the visa online, providing all the documents and paying the fee.
- Once you have applied for the visa, you need to wait for the decision.
- If the visa is granted, you can be in Australia indefinitely.
Steps to Follow for Australia Immigration
In case you desire to apply for the above mentioned Australia immigration visa, you have to follow the steps given below.
- Get to know whether your current visa allows you to apply for a further visa while in Australia. Where you possess substantive visas without any “no further stay condition,” you are still allowed to apply for this visa under certain circumstances.
- You must have a valid passport or any travel document before applying for this visa.
- Get ready all your documents such as the forms regarding the application, for the age of 18 years or older and not a partner, for persons 16 years of age, included in the application, identity, family relationships and your children.
- In case you receive advice from someone, you have to support it with appropriate forms like Form 956 and 956a.
- Where you are nominated through a stream like the Direct Entry Stream or Temporary Residence Transition stream, you need to provide documents supporting your skills and qualifications, age, and English language ability. In the case of the Temporary Residence Transition stream, you do not require any skills assessment for you are working or have worked under your nominating employer.
- Apply for the visa online with all the relevant documents supporting your claim and pay the application fee through a credit card. It is advisable to upload your documents using the ImmiAccount to avoid any delays in processing. Where you need to certify and translate documents into English, use a migrating agent, or have authorised a person to receive information, then you have to furnish more information while preparing the application.
- After applying for the visa, you must wait for the decision in case you have applied for the visa from outside Australia. You are advised not to travel until your visa is granted and you hear from the Australia immigration office. Where you have applied for this visa living in Australia, you have issued a Bridging A visa, which allows you to stay in Australia until your visa application is processed legally. For travelling outside Australia, you can apply for the Bridging B visa.
- Where you need to provide more information, you can do so until a decision is made.
- On visa being granted, you have to wait to get further information on when to use the visa, its grant number and any conditions attached to it you need to follow.
- In case of refusal, you can find the reason, review rights, and time limit to file an appeal.
About Australia Immigration Policy
Australia immigration is closely connected to economic growth, and the increase or decrease in the number of immigrants is based on the demands of the market and industry. Though the migrants contribute to the major part of the Australian population, the country has then and there initiated changes on the immigration policy. However, everyone should abide by Australian law, and there is no discrimination.
Australia Immigration from India
When it comes to discerning Indian migrants, Australia is one of the leading destinations they love to live, work, or study. You can find an increasing number of Indians opting for Australia PR from India. The wellbeing of the Indian migrants is taken care of by meeting their specific needs, promoting their independence and encouraging their participation in the Australian community. Contact Immigration Help for more details about the Australia visa process and to assist you with the immigration to Australia from India.
Avail Expert Guidance and Assistance for Australia Immigration
With the above information, you can have enough knowledge about immigration process to Australia; nevertheless, it is essential to have the assistance and guidance of an expert to get to know the points-test system and the points score on each category to successfully apply for the Australian PR. The Government of Australia takes care of the applicants seeking Australia Immigration through the appointment of licensed consultants, who are authorised to help you with the migration process.
Contact Immigration Help for Complete Australia Immigration Assistance
If you are looking for a reliable consultant who can handle Australia immigration from India process, then Immigration Help proves to be the best and only licensed Australia Immigration Consultants in Delhi India Adelaide Australia registered with Australia, Canada, and New Zealand governments. We help you with easy Australia immigration by offering various types of Australia visa services. We also help you with Australia skilled visa requirements and are well-versed with the Australia immigration points system. Our extensive knowledge and expertise in the field have earned us the complete trust of our clients who value us for utmost reliability and integrity.
With years of experience in Australia immigration consultancy services and wide knowledge of Australian immigration new rules and Australian immigration process, we have proved to be the most sought-after and dependable Immigration Consultants in Delhi for Australia.
Being a Registered Migration Agent Australia, we take pride in having most of our clients completely satisfied, working with us for their Australian Permanent Residence. Our expertise in the field combined with the core values of commitment, compassion, and care has helped us give cent per cent result when it comes to filing the application and meeting the Australia immigration rules and Australia immigration requirements.
Immigration Help has the passion and knowledge to meet your immigration to Australia requirements. If you are moving to Australia from India and are not aware of the new Australian immigration process, we can help you with your application for the Australia immigration and ensure you to determine your eligibility at an affordable rate.
If you are looking for genuine immigration consultants for Australia who can be of assistance in every step of Australia Immigration, you can contact Immigration Help at WhatsApp No. +61433303774 (Australia) or drop an email email@example.com