Victoria State Sponsorship
The Victoria State Sponsorship helps you to travel, stay and work in Victoria and contribute to the economic growth of the state. The Victoria state nomination is a pathway for the prospective skilled migrants to make a visa application to the Department of Home Affairs. The Victoria State Sponsorship is offered for the skilled nominated employment under the following visas:
- Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (Subclass 491)
Essential Eligibility Requirements for Victoria State Sponsorship
The Victoria State sponsorship requires you to satisfy the following eligibility requirements:
1. Age: The required age for the Victoria State sponsorship must be below 45 years.
2. Nominated Occupation: If you need to qualify for the Victoria State sponsorship, you must have your occupation listed on the Visa Nomination Occupation List for Graduates or the Visa Nomination Occupation List for Victoria. The qualifications for the nominated occupations are to be met with to become eligible. Nevertheless, some occupations ask for added work experience, specialisation and English language requirements, while some occupations do not qualify for the nomination.
For the Victoria State sponsorship, you can apply as an international graduate or as a skilled worker to live and work in Victoria under the Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491). However, you must hold a current employment offer within a Victorian regional area in your nominated occupation to apply for the subclass 491 visa.
For PhD graduates:
Where you possess a PhD from a university in Victoria, you will be eligible for the subclass 190 visa on the nomination of any occupation suitable under this class.
In the case of international PhD graduates, you are offered visa nomination through a streamlined pathway, where you have to meet all the eligibility requirements to get the visa processed within two weeks on a priority basis
3. English Language Proficiency: The Victoria State sponsorship asks for English language skills for suitable occupations given on the list. You must have a minimum score of band level 6 in the four modules of listening, speaking, reading and writing on the IELTS (International Language Testing System) test. Nevertheless, you can also take an equivalent English language test like TOEFL iBT, PTE Academic, OET and Cambridge Advanced English accepted by the Department of Home Affairs. There are certain occupations on the Visa Nomination Occupation List that ask for higher English standards for the Victoria State sponsorship.
If you are an applicant working presently in an occupation under Victoria nomination for a minimum period of 6 months, you may be exempted from having higher English language skills requirements. Where you also hold a citizenship of the UK, USA, New Zealand, Canada and the Republic of Ireland, you are not required to produce the English language test scores.
4. Work Experience: You must have work experience post qualification to become eligible for the Victoria State sponsorship, and it must be in the nominated occupation. The minimum work experience required for occupations range from 2 years to 5 years and is given against the nominated occupation in the list. Certain occupations require additional specialisations and other requirements to become eligible.
5. Financial Resources: You have to ensure that you have enough money to support yourself and your family when you migrate to Victoria on the Victoria State sponsorship. This is to make it certain that you can take care of yourself and your family until you find work. As for the financial resources for the Victoria State sponsorship, you must have a minimum fund of:
For onshore applicants:
|Working in the nominated occupation||A$20,000|
|Not working in the nominated occupation||As given under the offshore applicant|
For offshore applicants:
|Number of dependents||Australian dollars (A$)|
6. Employment Offer: To apply for the visa under the Victoria State sponsorship, you have to submit an employment offer and the Confirmation of Employment Statement. Nevertheless, you are required to provide this whether you are applying for the nomination from another Australian state, where you presently live, or you are an international graduate and required to do so for the occupation listed on the Visa Nomination Occupation List for Graduates or the nominated occupation under the skilled regional (provisional) visa 491. For any of the conditions mentioned above, your employment offer has to be for:
- The permanent work in the nominated occupation
- Minimum 20 hours per week
- Minimum six continuous months
The evidence for the job offer must be the letter or contract of the offer, including the Australian Business Number and contact details from the employer.
7. Commitment to Victoria: Where you want to apply for the Skilled Nominated 190 visa, you need to provide a commitment to staying and working in Victoria for a minimum period of two years. For applicants from another Australian state, you have to support your application with the evidence of current employment offer in the nominated occupation.
8. Declaration: To be considered for the Victoria State sponsorship, you, as well as your migration agent must read and understand and sign the Victorian nomination declaration.
9. Detailed Resume or Curriculum Vitae: This is considered to be the most important requirement to assess your eligibility for the Victoria State sponsorship. Your resume or CV must be prepared professionally and descriptive enough to furnish evidence of your work experience and skills in chronological order. The assessing authorities and industry advisors want to find out your employment history, job experience and work readiness to decide whether you are suitable for nomination. Your resume or CV must:
- Not exceed four pages
- Contain your detailed duties and responsibilities in relevant jobs performed
- Employment dates, which must include the month and year
- Dates of education and training
To show your work readiness, as well as employability, you can attach the employment offer from an employer in Victoria.
10. Skills Assessment: The skills assessment of the relevant skills by the appropriate assessing authorities is an essential requisite for the Victoria State sponsorship. A relevant assessing authority can assess your skills if he/she is given authority by the relevant state or territory to decide the eligibility for the skills assessment of various jobs in compliance to the relevant professional standards.
To get a positive assessment, a university or trade qualification is the essential requirement in many cases, while the relevant work experience is also crucial for some employment. It is better to arrange your skills assessment and know the charges before you submit the EOI or apply for the state nomination. You are invited to apply based on the points scored, and a copy of the scanned copies of relevant documents of the skills assessment must be attached as evidence. The skills assessment is valid for three years and must be submitted with the application before it expires.
11. Meet Department of Home Affairs requirements: Though you acquire the Victorian visa nomination meeting the essential requirements, you cannot be assured that you will be issued the visa unless and otherwise, you satisfy the requirements laid by the Department of Home Affairs.
How to Apply for Victoria State Sponsorship?
Applying for the Victoria State Sponsorship requires you to follow five steps, which are explained below:
Step 1: Gather and Prepare Your Documents
The following documents need to be kept ready and attached when you submit your application for the visa.
- An elaborate CV or resume
- Skills assessment proof
- Skills Declaration form
- English language test report or the copy of the biographical page of the passport if you are exempt from the test
- Proof of registration or licensing (if applicable)
- A contract or letter of offer from the employer (if applicable)
- A copy of the PhD completion letter (if applicable)
- Your 457 visa documents copy (if applicable)
In case you are asked to submit additional documents for your application moved to figure in the selection process, you need to provide:
- Education transcripts
- Trade qualification or certificates
You are given enough time to produce them if requested.
Step 2: Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through Skill Select.
The EOI contains a list of questions about your skills, which is based on the visa you have opted for. Once you register your EOI with the latest and accurate details, you will receive a reply, which may or may not result in the Victoria State Sponsorship invitation.
- Choose Victoria as your place of preference. If you receive the nomination from the Victoria government, you will be invited to apply for the visa to the Department of Home Affairs.
Step 3: Submit your Visa Application:
You need to lodge your visa application with the Department of Home Affairs, which wants you to fulfil the eligibility requirements and obligations to the state and country. On the submission of application, you have to send an email notification to the Government of Victoria.
Step 4: Notify the Visa Outcome:
Like the submission, the visa outcome must also be notified to the Government of Victoria by email.
Processing Time for Skilled Visa under Victoria State Sponsorship
For the skilled visas of subclass 190 and subclass 491 under the Victoria State Sponsorship, the processing time is 12 weeks now. This, however, depends on the nominated occupation, where it may take a longer time in some cases to process the visa.
Meet Victoria Government Obligations
You have to meet the following obligations to the Victorian Government.
- Send an email regarding the decision of the Department of Home Affairs on your email application.
- Must not reach Australia before the stipulated date for Victoria State Sponsorship. Generally, the Department of Home Affairs gives you a specific date when you should arrive in Australia.
- You, as well as your dependent family, must live and work in Australia for the first two years under the Subclass 190 visa or live and work in regional Victoria under the Subclass 489 visa. The two years is calculated from the day you arrived in Australia.
- You are required to complete short surveys of about five within the first two years. When the first survey is received on arrival, the rest are sent to you by email every six months. These surveys are meant to bring in improvement to the Skilled and Business Migration Program of the Victoria Government.
- Though you are nominated to work in particular employment, it is not essential to continue to be in your nominated occupation.
With the capital city Melbourne, Victoria State in Australia is one of the most sought-after cities in the world. The state offers unparalleled life standards and is ranked as the top liveable city in the list of 140 cities across the globe by economists. Furthermore, people here enjoy harmony and safety.
The state offers diverse cultures, rich history and heritage. As a migrant, you can enjoy unsurpassed medical care, top-notch education system, splendid infrastructure, reliable weather, and excellent business and career opportunities in the state. The premium lifestyle is unrivalled anywhere else in the globe. The Melbourne city, with more than 4.5 million inhabitants, follows different cultures and religions. With the official language English, people here speak more than 100 different languages like Greek, Cantonese, Arabic, Vietnamese, Italian, and Mandarin and more.
The government in the state is very stable and has three levels such as the local government, state government and federal government. The weather conditions in the state are very versatile and adaptable to any migrant. Some of Melbourne’s highlights are botanical gardens, lake and bench in Melbourne, affordable lifestyle, world-class education, good healthcare, great weather, affordable homes, and more.
Benefits of Living and Working in Victoria
The Victoria State Sponsorship allows you to enjoy all the benefits that you can live and work in the state with peace of mind and harmony. Furthermore, you can enjoy a high lifestyle, leading healthcare system and high-quality education in Victoria. Here are some benefits living and working in the state under the Victoria State Sponsorship.
Education and Childcare
Living in the state, you can enjoy world-class education for your children and even you. The state is home to best institutions, where you can flourish from primary education to university levels. The education system in Victoria starts with kindergarten/preschool, which has a span of one-to-two year before the child goes to school; this is not compulsory though. After pre-school, next comes the primary school and high school levels, which are mandatory for children between six and fifteen years of age. During the last two years, students must complete the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE), which make them eligible for university or other tertiary education.
On completing the high school level, the students can pursue tertiary education, which is Victoria’s post-secondary system. The students are entitled to pursue their tertiary education in any of the ten universities, which includes a network of internationally-recognised vocational training institutions. Two universities in the state are rated among the top 100 universities.
“The University of Melbourne, with the world ranking of 33, is Australia’s highest-ranked university and the Monash University is ranked 73”. With the help of a Victoria State Sponsorship, you can provide a world-class education to your child and the benefits of more than academic achievement, maximum potential through healthy environment and lifestyle and diverse range of life skills with the help of varied curriculum.
Victoria’s Healthcare System
Australia has a world-renowned healthcare system, where you can enjoy the assistance of a range of the best healthcare professionals and healthcare services. The primary health care includes the services of primary health professionals like general practitioners (GPs), pharmacists, dentists, and allied services that are accessible during non-emergencies and the assistance is available anytime during business hours. The state boasts of having more than 200 public and private hospitals located in Melbourne and regional Victoria alone.
The Emergency services are available at any time and anywhere within the state and you have to call 000 for an emergency. The state healthcare system has a special wing for aged care services, which includes home support for aged people and residential aged care. Apart from this, a range of mental care professionals, family support services and counselling services are available throughout the country. You can opt for insurance or the Reciprocal Health Care Agreement (RHCA) that helps you with free or low-cost health treatments in public hospitals.
Housing and Property
With many cities and town situated in and around Victoria, there is no dearth of housing opportunities, and you can have temporary accommodation, renting a house or apartment or buying a house based on your budget and requirements.
Weather and Environment
The state is known for best the weather conditions and known for the ‘four seasons in one day’. You can enjoy clean air, clean water and beautiful flora and fauna in the state. Victoria has a mild and temperate climate, with warm summers and moderate autumns; the winters are cool, and springs are sunny and bright. Victoria’s weather can change anytime and hence people here always carry an umbrella. During summer the temperature ranges between 14°C (57°F)and 25°C (77°F) and during winter the temperature varies between 7°C (45°F) and 14°C (57°F).
Cost of Living
The cost of living though little high in Melbourne city, it is less in other cities in Victoria. You can have high-quality living with affordable cost of living in Victoria. Moreover, natural resources are found in abundance in the state.
Get to Know Some Popular Places in Victoria
The following cities are suitable for a comfortable stay and work for migrants under the Victoria State Sponsorship.
Why Should You Contact Us to Migrate to Australia?
The Victoria State Sponsorship asks for fulfilling all the eligible requirements concerning the type of skilled visa you belong to. Thought this webpage gives you detailed information about how to go about with the Victorian nomination, you must find an expert who can guide you through the Victoria State Sponsorship process.
As a Registered MARA agent and a reliable consultant, Immigration Help can help you with your migration to Australia on a Victoria State Sponsorship. We are well-versed with the Australia immigration points system. With years of experience in Australia immigration consultancy services and wide knowledge of Australian immigration new rules and the Australian immigration process, we have proved to be the most sought-after and dependable Immigration Consultants for Australia.
If you are looking for genuine immigration consultants for Australia who can be of assistance in every step of Australia Immigration, you can contact Immigration Help at WhatsApp No. +61433303774 (Australia) or drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org