Subclass 494 Visa (Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional)
The Subclass 494 Visa is available for employers to sponsor their employee for permanent residency. Participation in the Subclass 494 Visa Skilled Employer Sponsored (Regional) is restricted to businesses actively and lawfully operating in regional Australia.
Subclass 494 Visa has 10,000 places allocated per year. It requires employer sponsorship and the position must be likely to exist for 3 years.
It has a 45 year age limit, competent English, RCB advice and must meet the AMSR. Visa applicants must have a suitable skills assessment and at least 3 years’ skilled employment.
Subclass 494 Visa Requirements Main (Visa Applicant)
The main criteria for this visa are:
- Age under 45 at time of application
- Competent English at time of application
- You must have been employed in the nominated occupation for at least 3 years on a full-time basis and at the skill level required for the nominated occupation. Generally, you should have gained your experience within the last 5 years.
- Successful skills assessment at the time of application
- Doctor registration requirement does not apply
Subclass 494 Visa – Full Application Process
The application for a Subclass 494 Visa consists of 3 steps:
Step 1 – Regional Advice
Step 2 – Nomination
Step 3 – Visa Application
Subclass 494 Visa – Employer and job offer requirements:
- The employer must be located in a designated regional Australia, everywhere except Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
- Position be on the list of eligible occupations
- The position must be full time and likely be available for 5 years
- employer will need approval from the Regional Certifying Body (RCB)
- The employer must pay the Australian Market Salary Rate (AMSR)
Benefits of the Subclass 494 visa:
- Can apply for permanent residence without a second nomination stage, if eligible, through the subclass 191 visa (commences 16 November 2022)
- Lower cost to employers with only one SAF levy stage for the subclass 494 nomination (compared to the two stages for the current subclass 482 to ENS subclass 186 permanent resident pathway)
Conditions and pathway to Australia PR from Subclass 494 Visa
- Must live and work for 3 years on the Subclass 494 visa in regional areas to get Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) 191 Visa
- Can move between jobs but will have 90 days to find a new nominator
- Cannot apply for any other skilled PR or Subclass 820 partner visa for 3 years
- Eligible for Medicare on Subclass 494 visa – Health insurance not required
Subclass 494 Visa Consultants Agents in Adelaide
Are you interested in applying for Subclass 494 Visa and looking for assistance?
If yes, just get in touch with us. We are Registered Migration Agents in Adelaide (Australia) and specialise into employer-sponsored visa.
Call us today at Mobile No. 0433303774 to get started with a confidential discussion with Mr Sanjayai Kapoor –leading migration agents in Adelaide Australia