South Australia State Sponsorship
The South Australia State sponsorship or State nomination benefit you in obtaining a skilled migration visa to South Australia from the Australian Government. The South Australian State Government sponsors skilled migrants who wish to live and work in South Australia. For this, you should have the required skills and experience laid out by the state to obtain the state sponsorship, you must possess occupation mentioned on the State Nominated Occupation List (SNOL). Moreover, you must meet all the eligibility requirements of the state and federal government.
To meet the criteria for South Australia State Sponsorship nomination, you should fulfil all the requirements for nomination applicable for your skills and circumstances, as well as you must also meet all the requirements mentioned by the Department of Home Affairs. Nevertheless, before applying for a South Australian state sponsorship nomination, you have to check for the sufficient points for applying the state sponsorship nomination prescribed by the Australian Department of Home Affairs.
The following essential criteria help you understand the requirements for the South Australia State sponsorship.
Commitment to South Australia
To have your application considered for the South Australia state sponsorship in the particular state, you must produce enough evidence to show that you have genuine interest and commitment to working and staying in South Australia for two years from the time you arrived in Australia and have an idea for a long-term settlement in the region. The South Australia state sponsorship approved based on the evidence you have provided, and it can be on the confirmation of the commitment by:
- Giving valid reasons for wanting to emigrate and live in South Australia through a detailed, meaningful and authentic research in the online application form.
- Doing thorough research on career opportunities in South Australia and any job licensing or registration requirements.
- Supplying evidence of South Australian residence and the proof of your employment primarily in South Australia in case you are onshore.
Once you reach South Australia on a General Skilled Migration stream under South Australia State Sponsorship you are asked to:
- Register your arrival with Immigration SA online
- Provide the latest contact details for the initial two years in Australia through online to Immigration SA.
- Get done the employment surveys during the first two years of stay in Australia.
Nevertheless, you are not granted the South Australia State Sponsorship in case of the following:
- You are a resident of Australia and not living in South Australia; in such a case, you are not eligible to apply for South Australia state sponsorship. The restriction covers South Australian international graduates who reside interstate and overrules Chain Migration and high points’ categories.
- Where you have completed your Australian education outside South Australia in the last three years, staying offshore or in South Australia, you are eligible only for a provisional 491 visa unless:
- Your skilled work experience to a minimum of 6 months was undertaken in South Australia, and you have a provisional visa 489 or 190.
- You satisfy the Chain Migration requirements and have a provisional visa 489 or 190.
- Where you must satisfy the requirements laid in section 3.4 because of your nominated employment listed as the “Offshore applicants Provisional 489 visa only”.
- Your age must be under 45 years when the decision for nomination is made
- Your application must be considered as relevant in the “Immigration SA’s nomination processing times” for the absence of fast-tracking of applications for reasons connected with age.
- Your occupation must be mentioned in the State Nominated Occupation List, and you must possess all the eligibility requirements related to the occupation. The occupations listed are also available for 491 and 190 sponsorship.
- You are eligible to apply for occupations that are listed as ‘Available’ or ‘Low Availability’ on the State Nominated Occupation List. This availability is, however, an indicator of the places for nomination available and not the places available in the job market in South Australia.
- The listed occupations have a planning level that must be reached to be considered as “Special Conditions Apply”. Where you want to apply for these occupations, you must satisfy the requirements given in the Special conditions apply and Supplementary Skilled List.
- Where selected occupations come under “Offshore applicants Provisional 491 visa only”, you can be eligible for these occupations under Permanent 190 visa on the condition that you have to be onshore (in South Australia) and meet the eligibility criteria of being an international graduate of South Australia or being employed in a skilled occupation for the past 12 months in South Australia.
- Your nominated occupation must be supported with a positive General Skilled Migration skills assessment from appropriate skills assessing authority.
- The copies of certificates or qualifications in the place of the positive skills assessment are considered not valid under the South Australia state sponsorship.
- Though you acquired your qualification from Australia, still a positive General Skilled Migration skills assessment is needed.
- If you are an international graduate of South Australia, the skills assessment has to be on the nominated occupation and field of study in South Australia.
- The skills assessment is valid for only three years, and it should have been granted within the last three years or a period shorter as specified by the skills assessing authority. However, the skills assessment has to be valid while deciding nomination.
- You must have a minimum of one-year skilled work experience in the last three years. In case your occupation asks for more, you need to meet it with the required higher work experience. As for international graduates, there are some exceptions for work experience requirements.
- You should have a minimum of 20 hours per week skilled work experience in paid employment under the relevant occupation mentioned in the Lists of State Nominated Occupations. The skilled work experience is not necessarily in the nominated or closely related employment unless your occupation asks for additional work experience.
- The rates paid for the skilled level occupation must meet the pay rates applicable in that industry.
- Your skilled work experience has to be assessed as completed after you completed the relevant qualification.
- When you are required to have additional work experience listed for your occupation, you need to demonstrate the necessary experience in the field of your nominated occupation. For international students, there are certain exemptions to this requirement.
- Being onshore if you depend on your Australian skilled work experience to meet the work-experience eligibility criteria, you must have a minimum of 6 months experience working in South Australia to become eligible for the South Australia state sponsorship or nomination.
- For the candidate who is depending on Australian skilled work experience to meet the work experience requirement, you are eligible to apply if you have a minimum of 6 months of experience working in South Australia and presently you are employed in a skilled occupation with minimum 20 hours per week.
English Language Skills
You need to meet the following English language tests eligibility criteria for South Australia State Sponsorship:
- IELTS (International English Language Test System) Academic or General
- OET (Occupational English Test) For Health Professionals only
- PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English Academic)
- TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language, internet Based Test)
- CAE (Cambridge English: Advanced)
The English Language test report must be less than three years old when you apply for your visa but not at the time of nomination decision. If you are providing a Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test, you should have taken the test taken on or after the 1st of January 2015. Your Immigration SA English requirement is based on your occupation and will be of any of the levels like the Competent, Competent Plus, Proficient, Proficient Plus and Superior.
7. Financial Capacity Necessary for the South Australia State Sponsorship
For the South Australia State Sponsorship, you should ensure that you have adequate funds for settlement on your arrival in South Australia. Though proof of financial capacity is not necessary, the Immigration SA reserves the right to ask for extra information or proof at a later stage if necessary. However, the requirement depends on whether you are an offshore or onshore applicant.
8.Skill Select Expression of Interest (EOI) for South Australia State Sponsorship
- For South Australia state sponsorship approval your nomination in Skill Select must have an EOI that meet the requirements of the Australian Immigration Department criteria and Immigration SA.
- The nominated occupation in your EOI should be the same as your Immigration SA online application.
- Your details in your EOI must match the details of your Immigration SA online application.
- You need to be careful of any discrepancies in the details provided on your Immigration SA online application and the details recorded in your EOI.
- You must acquire a minimum of 65 points to be eligible for the visa subclasses 190 or 489. The Department of Home Affairs pass-mark requirement for some occupations is higher, and hence you must ensure that you have met all the requirements and have documents as evidence to support your points claim.
- Your EOI number should be correct, else the Immigration SA may be unable to find you in SkillSelect, and your state nomination application may be refused.
- You are eligible for re-applying for state nomination in case your visa application is refused for any of the above reasons. Nevertheless, you must meet all the requirements for state nominations.
Benefits of Scoring High Points
You stand to be eligible to access the Supplementary Skilled List (SSL) and occupations on the main list under the South Australia State Sponsorship if you score high points on the Australian Immigration Department points’ test.
Benefits of South Australia State Sponsorship
South Australia State sponsorship offers you many benefits such as a priority in visa processing, an extra of 5 points for a skilled nominated visa, ten extra points for the skilled regional provisional visa, additional accessibility to extensive occupation list, an opportunity to live and work in the prominent city, necessary assistance from the state government to settle in the state and good employment opportunities.
Advantages of Living in South Australia
South Australia offers you the best experience living in its cities and towns. The region is renowned for the scenic beauty of metropolitan beaches, welcoming people, cultures, authentic food and job opportunities. Moreover, most of the inhabitants living here own a house for real estate is very cheap here. Some of the benefits of living in South Australia are mentioned below:
- South Australia offers safety and uniqueness
- The standard of living is cheap and affordable
- The living standards are of high quality
- Can experience diverse culture and traditions
- Offers high-quality education. The universities and other educational institutions are known for innovation and excellence in various disciplines.
- Offers great entertainment and opportunities to engage in sports
- Outstanding health care benefits
- Easy accessibility to all places
South Australia is an Amazing Place to Live
South Australia, having a population of 1.6 million people, provides a diverse lifestyle and Mediterranean climate. It has a temperature of 29 °C (84 °F) in January and 15 °C (59 °F) in July. During January and February, the daily temperatures can be up to 48 °C (118 °F) in some parts of SA. Some of the best places to visit South Australia are:
- Adelaide, the capital city and the best place to explore in South Australia has a vibrant culture, food, events and entertainment.
- Flinders Ranges and Outback is a great place to enjoy driving through the soundless red roads, rambling pink salt lakes, high ancient cliffs and deep craters. You can experience great sunsets as the place is surrounded by streams and mountains.
- The South Australia Coast: The place is rich with pristine sands, clear waters and wild waves of coasts such as Fleurieu Peninsula, Eyre Peninsula, and the Yorke Peninsula.
Why Should You Contact Us to Migrate to Australia?
With the detailed information on the South Australia State Sponsorship, you can have a clear idea as to how to go about; nevertheless, you need expert advice and guidance to complete and submit the application form meets all the eligibility requirements about the particular stream you belong to.
As a Registered MARA Agent in Adelaide and a reliable consultant, we can help you with your migration to South Australia on a South Australia State Sponsorship. We can take care of your Australia skilled visa requirements and help you with easy Australia immigration by offering various types of Australia skilled visa services. We are well-versed with the Australia immigration points system.
If you are looking for help in relation to South Australia State Sponsorship. you can contact Immigration Help at WhatsApp No. +61433303774 (Australia) or drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org