Australia Skilled Migration Visa
Australia figures in the most popular destinations list of the migrants, with as many as 190,000 places for migration. With better living standards and great opportunities, the country attracts people who are willing to live, establish and contribute to the economy of Australia. The Australia Skilled Migration Visa allows an intending skilled migrant to acquire a permanent resident visa in Australia.
If you are a skilled worker and have a genuine intention to migrate to Australia, then you qualify for the skilled visa or Australian PR under the Australia Skilled Migration Visa Program. In such a case, you are required to submit your Expression of Interest (EOI)by filling in a form online by answering a series of questions. The EOI in the SkillSelect is a points-based test system and helps measure your ability for certain visas.
Eligibility Requirements for Australia Skilled Migration Visa
The Expression of Interest in the Skill Select requires you to provide an array of details based on the visa you want to apply for. Each criterion in the SkillSelect attracts points, and you have to score at least 65 points and more for the visa to be granted. The following is the eligibility criteria:
1. Age: As for age, you score based on the age group you fall into while applying for Australian PR. In case you fall between 25 and 32 years, you score the highest points. The following table shows the age group and the points you score.
2. Nominated Occupation: You are found eligible to apply under the Australia Skilled Migration Visa Program if you nominate a skilled occupation according to your qualifications and skills. Nevertheless, the occupation should be obtained from the Skilled Occupation List like the Medium-term and Long-term Strategic Skills List and the Short-term Skilled Occupation List. The relevant assessing authority has to assess the skills for your occupation too.
3. Work Experience: You must have work experience in a skilled occupation in Australia or any other country, and it must figure under the Skilled Occupation List as the nominated occupation or occupation that is closely related to the nominated occupation to help you earn points. It is essential that you must have gained the work experience within the last ten years. The maximum points awarded for skilled employment is 20, which includes the experience earned within Australia and in any other country. If you have eight years of skilled employment experience in Australia, you are awarded 20 points, while for the same work experience outside Australia you stand to gain 15 points.
4. Study and Education: In this criterion, the points are scored on your highest educational qualification, and it must be relevant to your nominated occupation. For instance, if you are a bachelor and have earned a doctorate in a specific field of education, you score points for the doctorate. Nevertheless, your educational qualification must be comparable to any Australian diploma, degree, etc., and it is verified while doing the skills assessment for the nominated occupation. The maximum points scored here is 20 for a doctorate, while that for Bachelor’s or Master’s degree is 15. An Australian diploma or trade qualification earns you 10.
- In case you have completed a degree, diploma or any trade qualification from an Australian institution, staying in Australia, you are awarded 5 points. However, the length of the course of education should be at least two years.
5. English Language Requirement: Your English language ability is essential and needs to be proved while applying for an Australia Skilled Migration Visa. There are different levels of English, and your required level is calculated based on the visa subclass you intent to apply for. The relevant English levels are:
- Superior English, where you are awarded a maximum of 20 points in the Australia Skilled Migration Visa points test.
- Proficient English – you earn 10 points if you demonstrate your proficiency in the language.
- Competent English – it is a threshold requirement for the Australia Skilled Migration Visa. The points awarded for the Competent English ability is 0, though it is essential for the migration. Those applicants who have a passport from any of the countries such as the United States, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Canada and Ireland need not take the English test to establish their competency in the language.
- Functional English, where secondary applicants want to avoid paying the English Language Charge.
The acceptable English tests for the Skilled Visa Australia are the IELTS, Pearson PTE, OET, TOEFL iBT and Cambridge Test of English. When IELTS is the most common English language test preferred by the authorities, the Pearson PTE and TOEFL iBT are recognized by many state and territory governments.
6. Regional Study: For those applicants who have completed a degree, diploma, or trade qualification by studying for two years in a regional part of Australia or metropolitan city with lower population growth in Australia, they score 5 points in the GSM points test.
7. Community Language Skills: If you are proficient to the level of translator or interpreter in any of the designated community languages of Australia and if you gain recognition of your skills from NAATI (National Accreditation Authority of Translators and Interpreters in Australia, then you score five points here too.
8. Professional Year: If you have completed a Professional Year in the four years in Australia before applying for a visa, you are awarded five points. A Professional Year is a structured program for international students who graduated from an Australian university, where they combine their formal learning with the relevant work experience. However, the Professional Year must be offered by any of the organisations like the CPA Australia, Australian Computer Society, Institute of Public Accountants, Engineers Australia, or Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand and it should have been undergone over 12 months and completed.
9. Spouse/Partner Skills Assessment: Where your partner or spouse meets the requirements of the Spouse/Partner Skills Assessment and Competent English while applying for the Australia Skilled Migration Visa, you are awarded 10 points. As against it, you cannot claim any points if your partner is an Australian permanent resident. If you are not married, you get 10 bonus points.
10. Nomination and Sponsorship: Where you are applying for a Skilled Nominated visa (Subclass 190), you gain five points for the nomination by the Australian state or territory government. When you apply for 491 visa, you gain 15 points for the nomination by the Australian state or territory government.
11. Health and Character: This visa requires you to satisfy certain health and character requirements mentioned in the Migration Regulations.
You must score at least 65 points to get a visa under the Australian Skilled Migration Visa Program. You can run a trial test of Australia Skilled Migration Visa points test to find out whether you qualify for the visa.
Contact Immigration Help For Australia Skilled Migration Visa
We are the Registered Migration Agents in Adelaide Australia and specialise in skilled migration to Australia, Canada and New Zealand. With years of experience in Australia immigration consultancy services and wide knowledge of the Australian immigration process and ethical approach, we have proved to be dependable Immigration Consultants for Australia.
Our expertise in the field combined with the core values of commitment, compassion, and care has helped us give Almost 100 % Visa Success Rate.
If you are looking for a reliable immigration consultant for Australia who can be of assistance in every step of Australia Immigration, you can contact Immigration Help at Mobile/ WhatsApp No. +61433303774 (Australia) or drop an email at email@example.com