Australia Skill Select FAQ
The Australia Skill Select FAQ will help you find answers to all your queries regarding Australia immigration under the skilled stream. As the Skill Select is a means to submit your EOI to be invited for a skilled or business visa, you need to have a good understanding of how the Skill Select works. The Australia Skill Select FAQ offers all the required information to help you migrate to Australia easily.
- What is Skill Select?
An online system that allows you to submit your “Expression of Interest” (EOI) under the skilled worker or business migration program is what Skill Select is. If you intend to migrate to Australia under the nomination by Australian employers or state and territory governments, you are required to provide all your details by submitting an EOI through Skill Select.
- How does Skill Select work?
The Skill Select is like an online job portal, where you are required to record your details via EOI. You are generally asked to provide details like your age, education, skills, English language skills, nominated occupation, work experience, skills assessment details connected to your nominated occupation, and business and investment experience. The Australian employers or state and territory governments can view your details and identify you for nomination or sponsorship by sending you an invitation to apply.
- How do I log into to Skill Select?
To log into the Skill Select, you need to go to the Skill Select login page by clicking on the link provided on this webpage. Your user name is your EOI number provided personally to you. You need to enter your user name and password to log in every time.
- I have a problem in creating the password for Skill Select log in. What can I do?
The Skill Select login page requires you to create a password meeting the guidelines. Nevertheless, there is a change in the password policy that came into being recent. You need to follow the guidelines given below:
- The password must be of at least ten characters long and they must be of minimum three combinations like:
- Uppercase character: A-Z
- Lowercase character: a-z
- Numeric: 0-9
- Non-alphanumeric characters: #, %, $, *,!
- Avoid the following non-alphanumeric characters as they are not acceptable:
- Symbol (@), Tilde (~), Ampersand (&), Equals (=>), Underscore (_), Double Quotes (“), Single Quote (‘), Colon (:), Backquote (`), Semicolon (;)
- Your user name must not be your name or surname.
- You must not use a password previously used.
- What should I do if I cannot remember my Skill Select password?
You can go to the Skill Select login page by clicking the link provided on this webpage. On the Skill Select login page, you can find an option to reset the password by clicking on the Forgotten Password link. However, you have to answer the security questions you provided while creating the EOI.
- If I have technical issues with Skill Select, what should I do?
For technical issues, you can contact the Skill Select Technical Support by sending an email to Skill Select@homeaffairs.gov.au.
- I am getting a Skill Select session expired message. What should I do?
The following are some of the reasons for getting a Skill Select session expired message.
- The session has become inactive for over 20 minutes
- Your browser needs to be restored to optimal performance for which some troubleshooting give below is needed.
- Close the browser sessions
- Open a new one
- Log into the Skill Select link again
- Check your browser for add-ons as they may cause compatibility issues.
- Restore browser defaults
- Check your ISP for issues
- What are the Australian visas you can apply for under the Skill Select?
After the successful submission of the EOI through the Skill Select, you will be invited to apply for the following visas.
- Skilled Independent visa (Subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated visa (Subclass 190)
- Skilled – Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) visa (Subclass 489)
- Business Talent (Permanent) visa (Subclass 132)
- Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (Subclass 188)
Other than the above, the Skill Select employer can send an invitation to apply for the following visas.
- Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187)
- Should I provide any documents during the submission of the EOI via Skill Select?
While submitting an EOI, you are not asked to provide any documents in support of the evidence. Nevertheless, it is advisable to gather the required documents and prepare them immediately after the submission of the EOI. Once your EOI is identified, you are invited to apply within 60 days of the receipt of the invitation. You may save time for gathering and preparing the documents. It is better to get guidance in this aspect from an expert.
- Do I need to pay while submitting my EOI through Skill Select?
There is no fee or charge for lodging your EOI online.
- I am a skilled worker who wants to migrate to Australia. Should I have my skills assessment and English skills level test done and received documents before the submission of EOI?
As a skilled migrant intending to stay and work in Australia, you need to meet the essential criteria of positive skills assessment and English language competency. The EOI should have the record of these details,and they must be accurate and matching to the documents. On approval of the EOI, you are invited to apply, where your visa application must be supported with all the documents against the claims you have made. The information provided in the EOI is checked as a part of the verification of the visa application. Such being the case, it is advisable to complete the skills and English language assessments and documents collected before the submission of the EOI.
- Can I update my Expression of Interest if I need to?
You are allowed to update your Expression of Interest before you receive an invitation to apply. It can be done through the Skill Select. Where you are invited to apply, you need to do so within 60 days of receiving the invitation. If not the invitation will expire and then you can update your EOI to be considered for employment.
- I have done my skills assessment and then submitted my EOI via the Skill Select. However, my EOI is not successful. Can I get the refund of the cost of my skills assessment?
The answer is no. It is therefore advisable to find the assistance of an expert if you are an eligible skilled migrant. In a way, you can ensure that your EOI is filled in accurately and submitted promptly to get the invitation to apply.
- Can I know how long my EOI will remain in the Skill Select?
Your EOI will be in the Skill Select for two years. You are allowed to withdraw your EOI from the Skill Select anytime. Where you have issued a permanent or provisional visa, then your EOI is removed from the Skill Select. The other reason for the removal of the EOI is the failure to conform to the terms and conditions of the Skill Select.
- What happens to my EOI after I submit it via the Skill Select?
Once you have submitted your EOI through the Skill Select, you are provided with the points score, as well as the ranking you received against the claims you have made in the EOI. Nonetheless, you may not be able to view the ranking position again in the Skill Select as the ranking changes when other applicants log into Skill Select and leave the webpage. The points scored will, however, be shown.
Where you are ranked high, you will be invited by the DOHA (Department of Home Affairs) to lodge a visa application. However, this is done based on the places available in the specific stream. Your points score and ranking in the Skill Select changes if you update your EOI before the ITA.
- How does Skill Select help me get identified as a potential employee?
The employers in Australia are helped by the government to source the best of the talents globally through the Skill Select, which enables them to:
- Look for the highly skilled workers for specific employment.
- Verify the applicant’s study and education, work experience, personal details, English language skills and so on
- Identify the skilled employees and contact them for possible nomination and sponsorship opportunities.
How Can We Help You?
You can find Immigration Help as the Registered Australia Immigration Consultants in Delhi India Adelaide Australia registered with Australia, Canada and New Zealand immigration authorities. Recognised as a reliable consultant, we can handle your Australia immigration from India process successfully. We can take care of your Australia skilled visa requirements and help you with easy Australia immigration by offering various types of Australia skilled visa services. We are well-versed with the Australia immigration points system, EOI submission and Skill Select and can handle any of your Australia Skill Select FAQ to your satisfaction. With years of experience in Australia immigration consultancy services and wide knowledge of Australian immigration new rules and Australian immigration process, we have proved to be the most sought-after and dependable Immigration Consultants in Delhi for Australia.
Being a Registered MARA agent in Delhi, India and Adelaide, Australia, we take pride in having most of our clients fully satisfied, working with us for their Australian Skilled Immigration. Our expertise in the field combined with the core values of commitment, compassion and care has helped us give cent percent result when it comes to filing the application and meeting the Australia immigration rules and Australia immigration requirements.
If you are looking for genuine immigration consultants for Australia who can be of assistance in every step of Australia Immigration, you can contact Immigration Help at WhatsApp No. +61433303774 (Australia) or drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org