Australia Resident Return Visa
The Australia Resident Return Visa is a permanent visa offering a travel facility if you are:
- Currently a permanent resident of Australia.
- A former permanent resident of Australia.
- A former Australian citizen.
The Australia Resident Return visa, which falls under the subclasses 155 and 157, is granted when the travel facility on the first permanent visa is expired or is going to expire and you need to hold back the permanent resident status, as well as travel abroad. The first permanent visa, however, allows you to travel overseas for 5 years and after that, you should possess an Australia Resident Return visa to retain your eligibility of permanent residency for Australia citizenship. To become eligible for the Resident Return visa, you must be:
- A permanent resident of Australia.
- A permanent resident earlier and your last PR visa is still valid.
- An Australian citizen earlier and lost or disowned your citizenship.
Process for Applying for Australia Resident Return Visa
You can apply for the Australia Resident Return Visa easily without submitting any documents and the visa is issued automatically in case:
- You have a permanent resident status.
- You have lived for a total of at least two years in Australia within the past five years.
- You still possess the same name and date of birth when you applied for and received the last visa.
Nevertheless, you can apply for the Australia Resident Return Visa if you have not lived for two years in the past five years or have changed your name or date of birth. In such a case, you have to attach the necessary support documents against your claims. You can also meet the eligibility criteria for this visa.
What are the benefits of Australia Resident Return Visa (Subclasses 155 & 157)?
As the visa is a permanent visa, you can:
- Live in Australia for an indefinite period.
- Study and work in Australia.
- Register your name for the health service scheme (Medicare) in Australia.
- Be a sponsor for the qualified family members for permanent residency.
- Enjoy a travel facility for five years and travel as many times as you want from and to Australia.
- Be eligible for Australian citizenship.
Steps to Follow to Acquire Australia Resident Return Visa (Subclasses 155 & 157)
To have your Australia Resident Return Visa granted, you must follow the steps given below.
- Check your present permanent resident visa: It is important to make certain of the travel facility on your current permanent visa for you need to apply for the Australia Resident Return Visa only if:
- Your permanent visa has expired the travel facility or is going to have the travel facility expired, and
- You need to travel outside and come back still holding the Australia permanent residency.
You can also make certain of the travel facility on your visa grant letter and check whether you possess a valid passport.
- Get and prepare essential documents: You need to collect the following documents like:
- Identity documents, which includes the evidence for the change of name and/or date of birth after the last permanent visa was issued. Where you are applying for the visa on paper, you must enclose the copies of pages of passport showing your details, photograph, and dates of issue and expiry of the passport, as well as the proof of your current or past permanent visa.
- Character documents like the Australian Federal Police (AFP), or National Police or foreign penal clearance certificate. If not the ones mentioned, you may be asked to provide other evidence to meet the character requirements.
- Those documents showing business, employment, cultural or personal ties to Australia in case you do not satisfy the residency requirement. As for the :
- Business ties: You can produce the documents showing business transactions, contracts with your signature, company reports, where your role and authority is defined, or business records.
- Employment ties: The documents like job contracts, latest group certificates, letter of offers from a company, security pass, or employee identification.
- Cultural ties: Here you can furnish your publications, membership evidence of cultural associations, contracts entered into, articles about you in a newspaper, and programs which has your cultural or artistic performances.
- Personal ties: Any documents like birth certificates or citizenship certificates, or permanent residence proof of any family member living in Australia. You can also furnish children’s school reports, evidence showing your relationship with your family members, or property contracts showing your property ownership in Australia.
- Proof of your relationship with a family member who possesses an Australia Resident Return visa or has applied for it. In case your family member is not granted this visa, then you are not qualified for the visa.
- A letter showing a compelling and compassionate reason for being away or outside Australia in case you are not living continuously in Australia for more than five years but applying for the Australia Resident Return visa in Australia, or for not being in Australia for over five years, but you were a permanent resident while departing and applying for the visa from outside Australia, or for being absent from Australia for a total period of five years or more, but you were a citizen or permanent resident in the past 10 years and applying from outside Australia.
- You can apply for the Australia Resident Return visa (subclasses 155 & 157) online or on paper from outside or in Australia. To know how to apply with all the supporting documents and pay the fee, you can contact a visa consultant. In case of family members, each family member has to apply separately.
- Provide further information or send documents: Where you are required to furnish more information or send documents you can send it through your ImmiAccount opened for the purpose, by email using the address you have given in the application, or by post. Nevertheless, the documents or information must reach the immigration office before a decision is made on your application for Australia Resident Return visa.
- Update the changes: If you have made any mistakes in the application form or your circumstances changed in the meanwhile, where your address or telephone number changed, you must inform the office immediately. It is so with your decision to withdraw your application.
How do the Australia Resident Return Visa Subclasses 155 and 157 differ?
The subclasses 155 and 157 visas are differentiated based on the duration of the travel facility they provide:
- The subclass 155 visa offers up to 5 years of travel facility from the date it is granted.
- The subclass 157 visa, on the other hand, offers three months from the date of the issue of the visa.
Which subclass visa you will be granted?
You will be granted the subclass 155 visa if you have satisfied the resident requirement condition of living at least for two years of the total five years in Australia, or prove that you have business, employment, personal, or cultural ties to Australia, or are a member of the family, where one or more of them have the Australia Resident Return Visa or applied for it. You are considered to be a member of the person in a family if you are his or her spouse, dependent child, or partner’s dependent child. However, you must meet the eligibility requirements in this regard.
As for granting subclass 157 visa you need to have spent at least a day or more but less than two years lawfully in Australia in the last five years immediately before applying for the visa, you were an Australian citizen or permanent resident the time you stayed in Australia and you have a “compelling and compassionate reason for departing Australia.
The validity of Australia Resident Return Visa
Though the Australia Resident Return Visa (subclasses 155 and 157) are permanent visas, they may not last for the indefinite time if the travel facility, which is for 5 years or 1 year, ends. Nevertheless, you:
- Stay in Australia not travelling outside, your visa stays valid for the indefinite period. Even though the travel ends, you will not become unlawful.
- Travel out of Australia after the travel facility on your Australia Resident Return visa. The visa ends the moment you leave Australia. In such a case, it would be appropriate to apply for another Australia Resident Return visa before you go out of Australia. However, you can also apply for a visa from abroad.
About including family members
The Australia Resident Return visa does not permit you to include your family members in the application; instead, each member should lodge a separate application form.
How Can We Help You?
With the above information giving you complete knowledge of the Australia Resident Return visa, it not easy to get all the documents ready and apply for the visa. Moreover, the Australia Resident Return visa (Subclasses 155 and 157) asks for sending the visa application on time after satisfying all the requirements and providing support documents against your claims in the application. In case of any failure to satisfy any of the criteria will result in the rejection of your visa application.
As a registered migration agent, Immigration Help can help you get your Australia Resident Return visa by dealing with any issues successfully. When it comes to acquiring the permanent resident visa again, we have considerable experience in dealing with it to get it granted.
We can help you with the Australia Resident Return visa process and deal with any of the following like:
- Finding out your chances of getting your Australia Resident Return visa granted by conducting a preliminary assessment of your eligibility.
- Helping you with the visa requirements and ensuring whether you satisfy the close ties to Australia requirement. We can work with you to gather the essential documents for evidence to show your cultural, personal, business, or employment ties.
- Confirming whether you have compelling and compassionate reasons for your absence in Australia.
- Providing all the documents and evidence in support of your claims to speed up the process.
- Take care of your priority consideration in case you need the Australia Resident Return visa.
- Assisting you in reestablishing your earlier Australian permanent residence status.
- Dealing with inquiries from the Department of Immigration and responding on your behalf adequately.
- Helping you update the changes concerning the change of address, mistake, providing more information, and so on.
- Getting you ready for the Interview on the requests from the Immigration office during the visa application process.
For Assistance and Guidance, You Can Contact Immigration Help
Immigration Help can handle Australia immigration from India process for you at any time as a reliable consultant. We ensure you that we are the best and Registered Australia Immigration Consultants in Delhi, India and Adelaide, Australia. We help you with easy Australia immigration by offering various types of Australia visa services.
As for your Australia Resident Return visa requirements, we are well-versed with the Australia Resident Return visa procedure and Australia Resident Return visa processing time and we can help you undergo the Australian immigration process smoothly. Our extensive knowledge and expertise in the field have earned us the complete trust of our clients who value us for utmost reliability and integrity.
With years of experience in Australia immigration consultancy services and wide knowledge of Australian immigration new rules, and Australia Resident Return visa eligibility, we have proved to be the most sought-after and dependable Immigration Consultants for Australia.
Being a Registered Migration Agents in Adelaide (Australia) , we take pride in having most of our clients completely satisfied, working with us for their Resident Return visa (subclasses 155 and 157). Our expertise in the field combined with the core values of commitment, compassion, and care has helped us give cent per cent result when it comes to filing the application and meeting the Australia immigration rules and Australia visa requirements for Indians.
Immigration Help has the passion and knowledge to meet your immigration to Australia requirements. If you are looking for Australia PR from India and are not aware of the new Australian immigration process, our New Delhi visa office can help you. We can help you with your application for the Australia Resident Return visa and ensure you to get it in the required processing time. With the highest-quality services and affordable Australia Resident Return visa cost, we take pride in having Almost 100 per cent success rate in visa applications.
If you are looking for genuine immigration consultants for Australia who can assist you with your Australia Resident Return Visa Application, you can contact Immigration Help at Mobile/WhatsApp +61 433303774 or drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org